Whether you are a working professional or a woman entrepreneur, you will need specific guidance in your life. Looking for a mentor could be one of the best ways to improve goal setting and find the right direction. A mentor could help you grow your network and strengthen your skills. Many organizations have started investing in training their employees. There are various other groups that conduct training sessions and mentorship programs that assist women. In this article, we will share the top ten women’s mentorship programs that will help you accelerate your career.
Women Who Create
Women Who Create is a community of talented young female professionals created by a bunch of women of color and women of color. The program is designed to connect young women of color with mentors from a myriad of creative fields. In order to get accepted into the program, there are specific rules that you will have to abide by. The following are some of the requirements you must fulfill:
- Must be a US resident
- Should be a woman of color
- You must be interested in pursuing a career in the creative field or should have less than five years of experience in the industry.
- You should respect different perspectives and be willing to take constructive feedback from your mentors.
- Be able to commit for 15 weeks to the program.
The creative industry is somewhat dominated by men. However, Women Who Create has created an influential community for women professionals and partnered with some of the top companies, including Apple, Adobe, and Publicis Groupe.
SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives) is the largest network of business professionals and volunteers. They have been operating since 1964 and have helped more than 11 million small business owners. The members provide free consultation and advice to business owners. Here are certain things you must keep in mind to get mentorship at SCORE:
- There is no membership fee, irrespective of the number of visits and times you meet with the mentor.
- You can meet with the mentors in-person or take online consultation services.
- You can even schedule consultation services with one or more mentors.
Besides mentorship and consultation, they also hold seminars and workshops which are designed to assist small businesses. You will also find a group of female entrepreneurs and female mentors to connect with.
MicroMentor is another non-profit organization that aims at connecting entrepreneurs with mentors. You will find entrepreneurs from different communities who are well-versed in all aspects of the business. The best thing is that there is no membership fee and the services are free. Here are certain things you must know to avail mentorship from MicroMentor:
- You will have to set up your profile on MicroMentor’s website.
- Go through the profiles of mentors who have experience in your industry.
- Reach out to potential mentors. You can simply connect via a message as well.
WAVE Built by Girls
WAVE Built by Girls is a women’s mentorship program that aims at helping female professionals and non-binary students. If you are a US resident and in the early stage of your career, the experts will provide you with assistance on how to take your career further. Here are certain things you should know about the female mentorship program by WAVE:
- You will have to check the application period.
- Once your profile is complete, you will be paired with a mentor.
- You can connect with the mentors in-person, via phone, or via video call.
Mentorship Support Program by WomELLE
WomELLE is the parent company of WomLEAD Magazine and an organization dedicated entirely to assisting small businesses. The company has been providing mentorship to small businesses since 2016. Here are certain things you should know about the female mentorship program by WomELLE:
- It is a community of expert businesswomen and professionals who have excelled in their field.
- You can get one-on-one mentorship for a fee of $300 per month.
- You can seek online support and business services and can out the resources section.
You can also check out the library section or get in contact with the company for assistance related to funding.
MentorAbility is a Canadian mentorship program for citizens with disability. Whether you are a job seeker or a small business owner, you can get in touch with mentors on this platform. All you need to do is follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Check out their application form online.
- Complete the sign-up form online or submit a copy of the same in person.
They will send your application to an expert near you, who will contact you later.
Ok Mentor is another women’s mentorship program and global community of female professionals. They help women professionals who are looking to make strides in the creative industry. Besides female mentorship programs, you can also check out their blog section for updates or attend their events to learn more from the experts.
- The mentorship program is free and supports women who are interested in the creative field.
- All you need to do is select a program that meets your goals.
- Once you fill in your requirements, you will be able to connect with their network of creative female mentors.
Women in Tech
Women in Tech is an international non-profit organization that assists women who are interested in the technology sector. There is no denying that men have dominated the technology sector, but Women in Tech have created effective mentorship programs to break this notion and reduce the gender gap.
- You can apply during the application period and avail free mentorship.
- You will get three sessions during the journey of three months.
- You will also get access to experienced tech professionals and industry experts.
Cohort Sistas is a digital network and women’s mentorship program that supports black women and non-binary people. If you are pursuing doctoral studies, you can check out their resources and mentorship programs.
- Sign up and complete your application process online.
- They will send you a reminder or an update when the mentorship cycle opens.
ASPIRE Mentorship Program
ASPIRE Mentorship Program is a women’s mentorship program dedicated to Asian African women. They provide one-on-one mentorship and group mentoring facilities. You can also check out the workshops conducted by the experts. Here are a few things you must know about ASPIRE’s mentorship program:
- You will have to complete an application form.
- They will connect you with experienced professionals and mentors.
- There will be an orientation session before the program begins.
- You will get a chance to meet the mentors twice a month.
- You will be given an opportunity to attend development workshops.
Having a mentor or getting guidance from experts can be a game-changer. These are some of the best women mentorship programs that can give your career the required kickstart. Check the conditions of each program carefully and join the one that suits your needs.
Leave a Reply