Mother’s Day is here again, and it’s time to make your mother feel like the queen that she is. You were the apple of your mother’s eye as a baby, you hid things from her as you became a tween, and finally as a teenager and young adult you probably never saw eye-to-eye on any issue. However, you recall your days spent with your mother, the heart of the matter is that you always crave for her love and affection and retain her essence in almost everything you do. So how are you going to make your mother smile this Mother’s Day? Here are 15 tips to get you started:
1. The best gift you can give your mother is the gift of time. Take a day off work or chores, and spend a day relaxing with your mother, doing the things she likes.
2. Make her have an experience that she’s never had before but always wanted to – whether it is scuba diving, a driving class, a makeover, or a rollercoaster ride – take her dreams a step further!
3. Write a letter thanking your mother for the difference she has made in your life and why you value her. Read it aloud to her. Being a mother can feel like a thankless job sometimes, and every mother will cherish hearing her child’s appreciation out loud.
4. Flowers speak a thousand words. Craft a bunch of flowers with different flowers – choose each flower to represent different emotions you feel for your mom.
5. Decide not to argue with your mom. No matter how much you feel like disagreeing with your mother, accept her opinions, and show her that her thoughts have value.
6. Gift your mom ‘splurge money.’ Repay a fraction of the luxuries your mom gave you by gifting her money to splurge on shopping, eating out, or anything frivolous.
7. Create a souvenir of memories. Collect old photographs, notes, gifts, or items to recollect all the special times you and your mother spent together.
8. Go with your mom for a day at the spa and salon. She will love having a girls’ day out with you!
9. Personalize a gift – get your mother an initialed pen, or a cushion or a mug with a photograph of her grandchildren, or a watch with a thoughtful engraved message on it.
10 .Take over your mother’s chores for a day. Help your mother out by cleaning up, cooking, or sweeping the lawn and give her a break from mundane tasks.
11. Be kind to her. Very often, we take our mothers for granted. For one day, be kind through your words and actions to the person who thinks the world of you.
12. Take her by surprise. Give your mom a pleasant surprise by sending travel or movie tickets or to any event she enjoys on Mother’s Day.
13. Plan a surprise party for your mother with your siblings and their children. Get everyone to share a special memory at the celebration.
14. Get your mother to write down a ‘bucket list’ if she doesn’t have one already. Promise your mom that you will help her complete every item on the list she puts together.
15. Ask your mom’s opinions on parenting, life, and daily happenings instead of rejecting her views as old-fashioned. And listen carefully – you may just hear the sound of your perspectives changing.
Make Mother’s day 2020 the best one ever by viewing the world through your mother’s eyes and by revealing the unspoken treasure trove of love in your heart for her!
Hi there, we are the editorial team for WomELLE to help you succeed in business. WomELLE is a community working to support women by helping them achieve their business goals through specialty services, leadership, mentoring, and networking. The magazine "WomLEAD" is to help you succeed as an entrepreneur, business owner and leader.