Abby Jo Hawkins, the mental health counselor and founder of Mental Matters Therapy PLLC, provides counseling and mediation to clients to help alleviate their problems. A trained mental health counselor, Abby uses tried and tested methods such as CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy), the person-centered model, and motivational interviewing to help her clients achieve their mental health goals at their own pace. Her other service, Dispute Resolution and Mediation, provides clients with a professional and confidential mediation approach to support and integrate communication into conflictual situations.
Listen to this episode to learn more about Abby, and her vast expertise, which she leverages to help people achieve mental well-being.
Today, You Will Learn About:
- Abby’s personal life and educational background
- Foray into entrepreneurship with Mental Matters Therapy, PLLC
- Services offered by the company
- Specific approaches used by Abby to treat clients
- Her work with dispute resolution and mediation
- Advice for budding women entrepreneurs
- Mental well-being is key to leading a healthy life
- Seek help if mental health issues are recurring
- Let go of inhibitions to receive proper guidance
- Do not seek perfection in your activity
- Lean into discomfort to avoid disappointment
Connect with Abby Jo Hawkins
Leave a Reply