Heather Forrester is a holistic energy healer, a life coach, and an expert in helping people overcome anxiety and recover from trauma without reliving the painful experiences that cause it. She specializes in chakra healing and meditation confidence to show people how to become their healers by teaching them how to tune in and connect with their mind, body, and spirit. Her process heals trauma at its core by honing the ability to understand and cope with emotions and reactions, deepen the relationship with one’s intuition and make problem-solving easy!
In your experience, what is the critical ingredient for higher levels of well-being?
Having an attitude of gratitude is a must for achieving well-being. When you see life through the lens of what you do have versus what you don’t have, you are able to tap into the abundance that is already surrounding you! You can attract miracles to you because you are no longer living in lack or shortcomings. This means money abundance and abundance in all forms– time, health, love, and wealth.
What are some of the mistakes you wish you could have avoided?
I used to feel like I needed to change parts of myself to heal. However, I found the opposite was true. My most profound healing came from loving and accepting all parts of me. I also spent a lot of time analyzing what I went through and trying to remember my traumatic experiences to heal them. Unfortunately, this was only causing me to relive them, not overcome them. My true healing came from looking forward, not backward.
What actions could someone take to get started on the journey of healing?
Many steps go into the healing process. Everyone will have a unique journey to go on. The seven key steps I have found to be foundational in healing are as follows:
- Understand the power of reframing. Instead of seeing ignorance as a bad thing, what if you saw it as an opportunity to learn something new?
- It is essential to learn to see your emotions as your friend. Allowing your emotions to show up as they are without trying to change them will enable them to tell you the message they have for you. Ignoring them or trying to change them will suppress them and cause mental fogginess.
- When you practice forgiving others and yourself, you’ll experience freedom. Forgiveness is not about excusing the wrong things that have been done. Instead, it is about letting go of an anchor dragging you down. This will create space for you to store more pleasant memories instead.
- Maybe a part of you feels unworthy or a part of you doesn’t feel good enough. You may be asking yourself questions like how can you learn to love all of you? Or how can you love the parts of you that are hard to love?” It is critical to love yourself for who you are. Self-love will allow you to start to see yourself differently. It will take you to a new experience of self-love and self-worth.
- Take some time to find your passions in life. You can make vision boards so that you can see your goals clearly. Allow yourself to be playful and creative.
- Taking the time to learn how you can take time for self-care and relaxation daily is vital for healing. When you are in a state of relaxation, you are in a state of creation! Likewise, when your ability to care for yourself becomes strong, it will directly reflect your ability to care for others.
- Finally, celebrate your wins! Big or small. Take the time to notice your progress along the way and give yourself recognition for it.
Leave a Reply