Mothers are mostly occupied with different kinds of household work and managing the homes. It gets super challenging if you are a mompreneur. Most mompreneurs are always on the go and looking after different activities altogether. Handling a business along with kids and families may get super tiring. However, you should never sleep without having a healthy dinner. Food will give you the energy to work and enhance your mood. Here, we will share quick dinner recipes for busy moms and help them with easy meal planning.
1. Quick Burrito Bowl
If you are looking for extremely quick dinner recipes, you can go with this lightning-fast meal idea. The best thing is that you can customize the bowl’s ingredients and prepare it according to your preferences.
- 1 ½ cups dry rice or pre-cooked rice packages
- 15-ounce can corn
- 15-ounce can of black beans
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- Vegetables: Avocado, red or pickled onion, cherry tomatoes, chopped romaine
- Add-ins: nacho cheese, shredded cooked chicken, sauteed shrimp, etc.
For the chipotle ranch (use the chipotle sauce for vegan)
- One teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 1/2 each teaspoon each dried garlic powder and onion powder
- 1/4 kosher salt
- ¼ ground black pepper
- Two tablespoons of adobo sauce
- If you have brown rice or white rice, you should first start cooking it. In other ways, you can always buy a pre-cooked package of rice as it will save you dozens of times. When rice is fully prepared, you should add a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- The next step you should take for the quick dinner recipes is to make the black bean and corn salad. Mix the ingredients together with the kosher salt.
- Chop and slice all the veggies.
- To make the chipotle ranch, you have to mix all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- The last step is to serve. Add rice and then top it with black bean and corn salad. You may then add veggies and chipotle ranch dressing.
- You can always make alterations by choosing add-one or other ingredients.
2. Pecan Crusted Salmon
Pecan Crusted Salmon is another quick dish that will not take more than twenty minutes. It is an easy-to-cook, fast, and tempting meal that you can even serve friends and family. Check out the complete ingredients list and quick dinner recipes for Pecan Crusted Salmon.
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 pound salmon fillet or fillets, skin on
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Two tablespoons of Italian panko
- Two tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add salt and pepper to the salmon. Consider mixing Dijon mustard and honey in a small bowl and brush it over the fish.
- Take another bowl and mix freshly chopped pecans, Parmesan cheese, and Italian panko.
- Add this mixture to the fish and bake it for 10-12 minutes. The internal temperature should not go above 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
Read Also: Juggling Motherhood and Running a Company
3. Shrimp and Broccoli
Here’s another flavorful dish that is easy to cook and the ideal healthy dinner. Both the ingredients go well together, and the dish can be served with rice or noodles.
- Two tablespoons of rice vinegar
- Four tablespoons of soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 pound large shrimp
- 1 1/2 pounds (3 large heads) of broccoli
- One small white onion
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Two tablespoons of sesame oil
- Sesame seeds for garnishing
- Thinly sliced green onion for garnishing
- Thaw the shrimp first and do it according to the instructions given on the package.
- Add rice vinegar, chili garlic sauce, and soy sauce to a measuring cup.
- Heat sesame oil over medium flame. Add onion, broccoli, and kosher salt. Let it cook for around 6-10 minutes.
- After that, you may add the shrimp and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- If the shrimp are turning opaque, you may cook for another minute or so.
- Serve it with sesame seeds or onion slices.
4. Tuscan Soup with White Beans
If you want to try something different, you may consider making Tuscan soup with white beans. It is one of the quick dinner recipes that may take around half an hour and will be perfect for winter conditions. Check out the complete ingredients list and recipe section to know how to prepare this.
- One bulb fennel
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- One teaspoon of dried basil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- Two 15-ounce cans of cannellini beans
- Two bunches of Tuscan kale or other dark leafy greens
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- One teaspoon of kosher salt
- Two 28-ounce cans of diced tomatoes
- Start by chopping the fennel bulb and kale. You may also rinse the cannellini beans.
- Add olive oil to a pot or Dutch oven. Sauté the fennel for five-six minutes over medium-high flame.
- After that, you may add canned tomatoes and their juice to the Dutch oven.
- Let it cook for 7-8 minutes.
- After that, you may add cannellini beans, vegetable broth, and water. Let the whole mixture boil.
- Add dried basil, kosher salt, smoked paprika, and red pepper flakes.
- Simmer it for five more minutes after adding the kale. You can serve it with fennel sprigs or cheese.
The good thing about these healthy recipes is that you can make them in minutes. You can also refrigerate the Tuscan soup for three days and heat it to drink later.
5. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
After working the whole day, you deserve a treat. Here’s a healthy dessert option in the quick dinner recipes section for the busy mompreneur. Peanut butter and oatmeal are indeed healthy. You can make these healthy cookies and eat them at night.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 to 2 ounces of dark chocolate
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. (honey, oats, cinnamon, and peanut butter)
- Add a sheet of parchment paper to a pan.
- Add the mixture to the parchment paper and roll it into a smooth layer.
- Let the mixture freeze for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut the mixture into small rectangular pieces.
- Use the double boiler method or microwave to melt the chocolate. Once done, you may drizzle it over the bars.
You can choose to refrigerate it or eat it like that.
These quick dinner recipes are dishes with high-quality flavor. Most of the dishes will hardly take 15-20 minutes of your time. Eat a variety of healthy foods and build a healthy routine.
Leave a Reply